Need for Individual Development Plan during Performance Appraisals:
SMART development plans help you identify and develop the best talent required to improve your organizational strength and achieve today’s business goals with visibility and succession planning capabilities to support the future growth.
SMART development plan stands for:
S: Significant, Specific, Stretching
M: Measurable, Meaningful, Motivational
A: Achievable, Attainable, Agreed Upon, Action-driven
R: Relevant, Realistic, Results-oriented, Rewarding
T: Time-bound, Timely, Trackable, Tangible
With SMART development plans, you can increase employee engagement, foster professional growth, and development, and maximize career opportunities for top talent.
Different SMART development plans that should be assigned to your employees :
IDP (Individual Development Plan):
- Reduces organizational risk: Identifies and addresses current and potential talent gaps to reduce the risk of poor business execution.
- Ensures talent continuity: Develops and maintains a continuous supply of internal talent to fulfill critical job profiles and roles throughout your organization.
CDP (Career Development Plan) :
- Optimizes career development in your organization: Enhances career development opportunities by mentoring programs linked to business strategies.
- Increases employee engagement: Empowers employees to reach their full potential, advance their careers, and accelerate their learning with targeted development plans.
PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) :
- Assigns the performance improvement plans: to improve employees’ contributions and engagement, business commitments, and expected results.
SDP (Succession Development Plan) :
- Maximizes organic growth: Creates & tracks strategic succession planning processes that reach deep into the organization, align with business needs and drive better business outcomes.
- Leverages workforce: Analyzes your organizational talent supply and talent demand so that you can make better decisions.
To achieve hike in your business growth with these development plans, reach to the software solution provided by skills2talent.com as a Talent Management Software integrated with open source IT to make it more cost-effective and request for an online demo to know more about Smart development Plans in Performance Mangement for an Organisation.
Mobile app for performance management aims at greater employee engagement, higher and focused goal alignment and best organizational outcomes by encouraging in progress activities of your enterprise in the following ways:
- WhatsApp Communication as a mobile-centric solution: It can engage your employees with an instant response on mobile platform anywhere anytime. Thus, HR team can mobilize HR assets to people with awesome user interface 24/7/365 days.
- Effective Performance Management: It encourages managers to evaluate an employee’s performance more accurately and minutely across various review cycles during a year.
- Distance is not a barrier: The employees and managers who are separated by distance can have performance pertaining to discussions easily.
- Continuous Performance Evaluation: By providing and getting valuable feedbacks more frequently through the mobile app, the workforce can be enabled to align their goals with company’s objectives, in turn enhancing employee engagement.
- Constantly keep employees and managers to be focused on performance objectives, in order to easily evaluate, track and complete them.
Confused about selecting a mobile app which can help you to meet the objectives of performance management in your organization? Then go to skills2talent.com to learn about their mobile app which is India’s first and only exclusive talent management mobile App on both iOS and Android platform.
Research has proved that HR and recruiting chatbots are capable of minimizing the business costs heavily. As chatbots are already in use with the corporate, let us find out how chatbots can potentially help with Talent Management in more creative and smart ways.
• Impartial behavior: A bot always starts from a neutral and unbiased point as it doesn’t acquire preconceived opinion, it can be proved very much helpful in performing a cognitive interview for recruiting.
• Agile enough: Chatbots can be employed via SMS, emails, applications used for messaging and through websites also.
• Simultaneous engagement: with any no. of applicants, interviewing them as per the job role/profile requirements and responding to the interviewee questions as well. They can also be used to gain on-demand and real-time feedback for processes such as onboarding, offer management and induction training.
Like these Benefits Click here to tweet it
• Promoting your employer brand: by differentiating themselves and maintaining their repo through advancement, originality, and responsiveness in their talks while interacting with the candidates during the course of recruiting and onboarding. Thus, a chatbot indirectly displays their company’s values and mission to the candidates.
• Help with scheduling: Chatbots can be used as an option to schedule interviews, talks and vacation time for the employees, instead of logging the information into their HR software or sending multiple messages/emails to HR people.
• Performance Management: Chatbots are designed and developed to accurately evaluate the performance of an employee based on employee skills, education, demography, manager ratings, years of experience, years associated with a company, employee engagement details, past performance, continuous performance conversations, 360 degree feedback and matrix reviews etc. along with social & personal profile(dob, gender, hobbies, time management, punctuality, leave records etc), combined with historical trends & deep insights of talent management KRAs. These exact predictions can drive the smart strategies and established a strong connection among recruiting, performance, learning, and engagement on top of core HR layer, which cannot be possible with an excel sheet or simple automation tools.
Confused about selecting a chatbot which can help you to meet the objectives of human resource management of your organization? Then go to skills2talent.com to learn about HIRA-chatbot which is implemented using customized talent management software services, in-application AI data and on-demand and predictive analysis using natural language processing algorithms and deliver the best digital-self-service.
Performance Management & Evaluation
Performance Management & Evaluation is not only an indispensable but also an artful exercise which indirectly propels the success and prosperity of an organization. As every business needs to retain its experienced & talented workforce, enhance employee engagement, maintain a friendly corporate culture & last but not the least renovate and improve its employees’ skills, an effective Performance Management Software can be proved as a masterstroke in achieving all these requirements simultaneously in a smart way, if it is assembled with these 4 features:
- Strategy development tools: can be used to ensure that the tasks assigned to employees are directly/indirectly aligned with goals and objectives of the organization. They enable development & management of goal plans, goal library, performance review cycle, the configuration of section types (like objectives, core values, behavior, job competencies etc), content sections, weights & eligibility group mappings, the configuration of bell curve distribution graphs etc.
- Monitoring which provides transparency: An effective Performance Management Software must have a feature of getting a transparent look at each employee’s performance with the help of reports about the status of different goals & their weights for a specific performance cycle, core value reports, job competency reports, behavior competency reports for a specific performance cycle, reporting manager wise appraisal and overall performance reports etc.
- Assessment tools: like 9 box grid provides an insight of multiple dimensions like performance vs. potential, objectives vs. behavior, attrition risk vs. loss of attrition etc to accurately measure the performance of each & every employee. On the other hand designing, distribution, collection, and analysis of 360-degree feedback form not only speed up the process of performance evaluation but also provide you an opportunity to focus on different and multiple perspectives.
- Thorough analysis: With consolidated performance reports over multiple cycles (quarterly, half-yearly, yearly, multiple years) you can focus over the overall average score for an employee whereas with a feature of deep analysis you can have a view of content sections and their weights for a specific performance review cycle. You will also get recognition of stage-wise pending count for different stages like self-assessment, manager’s assessment, skip level approval, one to one meeting, employee acknowledgment and final stage for a specific performance review cycle.
Confused about selecting and investing in an effective Performance Management Software? Get a solution with Performance and Succession Management software module provided by skills2talent.com and sign up for the free trial to get a deep understanding about how these four features are incorporated in one software module with the help of open source IT to provide an immense hike in your business growth.
Annual performance reviews and bell curve are not effective in today’s millennials & business context!
How continuous performance management can inspire great performance with fairness and accuracy?
- Connect your employees with organization strategy and goals with multi-section performance management (objectives, core values, competencies, and behaviors)
- Improve the daily progress & achievements visibility of goals 24×7, 365 days anywhere, any device
- Managers can provide directions continually to employees to perform better with coaching, feedback, mentoring, support and reward badges
- Cascade goals to every employee using top management’s goal library as per department & role
- Provide smaller milestones, sub-goals & initiatives to break-down objectives with continuous updates provision
- Increase employee engagement and drive continuous performance management by parallel performance ratings by employee and manager from day one of goals
- Align workforce with the company, objectives using SMART goals, Balanced scorecard, KPA/KPI/KRA and MBOs
- Enable the informal conversation in review process between employee and manager and capture history of updates and accomplishments
- Collect the feedback on performance & behavior from inside and outside the project team (360, linear, matrix reporting, target individuals)
- Anniversary, financial and calendar year appraisal cycle models to effectively administer your salary increase budget outflow
- Visually access and compare the core values, job-specific and behavioral competencies
- Identify top performers and plan for leadership pipeline by 9 box grid comparisons
- Analyze the attrition risks Vs loss before promotion and succession decisions
- Grow talents using SMART plan libraries for IDPs (Individual Development Plans), Team development, Succession, Career development and Performance improvement plans
Check out how Skills2Talent continuous performance management cloud software can inspire for great performance with fairness and accuracy
If you have any feedback, suggestions, questions please feel free to post here. I am happy to assist/respond to you.
This article was first published in our blog Skills2Talent
Vaidyanathan Ramalingam | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.skills2talent.com