Performance Management & Evaluation
Performance Management & Evaluation is not only an indispensable but also an artful exercise which indirectly propels the success and prosperity of an organization. As every business needs to retain its experienced & talented workforce, enhance employee engagement, maintain a friendly corporate culture & last but not the least renovate and improve its employees’ skills, an effective Performance Management Software can be proved as a masterstroke in achieving all these requirements simultaneously in a smart way, if it is assembled with these 4 features:
- Strategy development tools: can be used to ensure that the tasks assigned to employees are directly/indirectly aligned with goals and objectives of the organization. They enable development & management of goal plans, goal library, performance review cycle, the configuration of section types (like objectives, core values, behavior, job competencies etc), content sections, weights & eligibility group mappings, the configuration of bell curve distribution graphs etc.
- Monitoring which provides transparency: An effective Performance Management Software must have a feature of getting a transparent look at each employee’s performance with the help of reports about the status of different goals & their weights for a specific performance cycle, core value reports, job competency reports, behavior competency reports for a specific performance cycle, reporting manager wise appraisal and overall performance reports etc.
- Assessment tools: like 9 box grid provides an insight of multiple dimensions like performance vs. potential, objectives vs. behavior, attrition risk vs. loss of attrition etc to accurately measure the performance of each & every employee. On the other hand designing, distribution, collection, and analysis of 360-degree feedback form not only speed up the process of performance evaluation but also provide you an opportunity to focus on different and multiple perspectives.
- Thorough analysis: With consolidated performance reports over multiple cycles (quarterly, half-yearly, yearly, multiple years) you can focus over the overall average score for an employee whereas with a feature of deep analysis you can have a view of content sections and their weights for a specific performance review cycle. You will also get recognition of stage-wise pending count for different stages like self-assessment, manager’s assessment, skip level approval, one to one meeting, employee acknowledgment and final stage for a specific performance review cycle.
Confused about selecting and investing in an effective Performance Management Software? Get a solution with Performance and Succession Management software module provided by skills2talent.com and sign up for the free trial to get a deep understanding about how these four features are incorporated in one software module with the help of open source IT to provide an immense hike in your business growth.
Performance Management Strategies
Performance Evaluation is not a new concept in working world. It has been commonplace over the years. The need of the hour is for effective Performance Management to evaluate it accurately and precisely over the plethora of significant parameters. The performance of an employee in an organization depends upon various factors like accomplishment and implementation of tasks assigned to him/her, his/her potential, objectives, behavior, attrition risk, reduction by attrition etc. Research proved that these factors can be measured minutely and exactly by working with top 4 business strategies:
- Goal Planning as a crucial phase of performance management: Design and assign SMART action plans to inspire and persuade employees according to specific department and role to achieve their goals that must be in turn aligned with the motive of achieving organizational objectives. SMART plans like Individual development plan (IDP) and Career development plan (CDP) together govern performance management of the employee by increasing employee engagement whereas Performance improvement plan (PIP) and Succession development plan (SDP) reach deep inside the organization, align with business requirements, and drive better business results.
- 9 Box Grid as a versatile tool for evaluating performance: The 9-box grid is a versatile tool for evaluating an employee’s current benefaction and advance level of benefaction to an organization. As an employee can be judged over various frameworks like performance & potential, objectives & behavior, attrition risk & loss of attrition etc. simultaneously by providing ranks (high, moderate, low). After that the actions must be taken as per these rankings, for instance, an employee with low potential but high performance needs to be motivated in his/her assigned tasks or an individual with high performance and low potential needs more advanced level of training in his/her domain.
- Consolidated Performance Reports: These report statistics can provide an ability to analyze, compare and keep track of an employee’s performance score across multiple portfolios like objectives, core values, job competencies, behavior and many more when consolidated for an overall average over multiple time spans(quarterly, half yearly, yearly or even a number of years).
- 360 Degree Feedback as reactions to an employee’s performance: To measure an individual’s performance minutely develop a kickback culture in your organization by designing and distributing a feedback template consisting of few questions pertaining to the performance of the employee among his/her manager, peer group, subordinate, and the employee himself (self appraisal) so that you can have a look at different perspective of wider community to analyze high-quality employee assessments.
Think of best business outcomes? Reach your goals with a solution provided by skills2talent.com and opt for a demo/getting started guide of Performance and Succession Management software module to learn and experience how these four strategies are going to govern your business growth explicitly where they are technologically driven and assembled to form an effective Performance Management Software Application.
Continue reading Top 4 Performance Management Strategies To Boost Up Your Organization Growth