Need for Individual Development Plan during Performance Appraisals:
SMART development plans help you identify and develop the best talent required to improve your organizational strength and achieve today’s business goals with visibility and succession planning capabilities to support the future growth.
SMART development plan stands for:
S: Significant, Specific, Stretching
M: Measurable, Meaningful, Motivational
A: Achievable, Attainable, Agreed Upon, Action-driven
R: Relevant, Realistic, Results-oriented, Rewarding
T: Time-bound, Timely, Trackable, Tangible
With SMART development plans, you can increase employee engagement, foster professional growth, and development, and maximize career opportunities for top talent.
Different SMART development plans that should be assigned to your employees :
IDP (Individual Development Plan):
- Reduces organizational risk: Identifies and addresses current and potential talent gaps to reduce the risk of poor business execution.
- Ensures talent continuity: Develops and maintains a continuous supply of internal talent to fulfill critical job profiles and roles throughout your organization.
CDP (Career Development Plan) :
- Optimizes career development in your organization: Enhances career development opportunities by mentoring programs linked to business strategies.
- Increases employee engagement: Empowers employees to reach their full potential, advance their careers, and accelerate their learning with targeted development plans.
PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) :
- Assigns the performance improvement plans: to improve employees’ contributions and engagement, business commitments, and expected results.
SDP (Succession Development Plan) :
- Maximizes organic growth: Creates & tracks strategic succession planning processes that reach deep into the organization, align with business needs and drive better business outcomes.
- Leverages workforce: Analyzes your organizational talent supply and talent demand so that you can make better decisions.
To achieve hike in your business growth with these development plans, reach to the software solution provided by skills2talent.com as a Talent Management Software integrated with open source IT to make it more cost-effective and request for an online demo to know more about Smart development Plans in Performance Mangement for an Organisation.
Mobile app for performance management aims at greater employee engagement, higher and focused goal alignment and best organizational outcomes by encouraging in progress activities of your enterprise in the following ways:
- WhatsApp Communication as a mobile-centric solution: It can engage your employees with an instant response on mobile platform anywhere anytime. Thus, HR team can mobilize HR assets to people with awesome user interface 24/7/365 days.
- Effective Performance Management: It encourages managers to evaluate an employee’s performance more accurately and minutely across various review cycles during a year.
- Distance is not a barrier: The employees and managers who are separated by distance can have performance pertaining to discussions easily.
- Continuous Performance Evaluation: By providing and getting valuable feedbacks more frequently through the mobile app, the workforce can be enabled to align their goals with company’s objectives, in turn enhancing employee engagement.
- Constantly keep employees and managers to be focused on performance objectives, in order to easily evaluate, track and complete them.
Confused about selecting a mobile app which can help you to meet the objectives of performance management in your organization? Then go to skills2talent.com to learn about their mobile app which is India’s first and only exclusive talent management mobile App on both iOS and Android platform.
Traditional HRMS vs Talent Management Software
HRMS is traditional, more administrative and mainly deals with salary, vacations, time management, incentives and complaints of employees whereas Talent Management is not only a process of attracting & hiring skillful candidates but it also includes retention and development of its great performers.
Talent Management – Need & Advantages :
Talent Management is a process of transformation of skills to unbeaten talents by recognizing & motivating the skills & potential and therefore we called the whole journey as Skills2Talent (skills2talent.com). Here are 6 benefits of Talent Management Software which are going to revolutionize Talent Management of your organization and reform it into a strategic move.
- Core Human Resources: You can maintain your organization data by keeping it in the cloud, manage competencies & HR framework, maintain employee central, manage resignations & retention and plan & track SMART plans also.
- Recruiting & Offer Management: Consists of building talent pipelines, attract skillful candidates, application tracking, quick identification of target profiles, the hiring of top talents and effective onboarding with fitment and offer framework as well.
- Performance & Succession Management: To manage & evaluate the performance of employees accurately it enables goal planning, assessment tools like 9 box grid & 360-degree feedback and extensive analysis through consolidated & overall performance reports for specific performance review cycle.
- Compensation Management: In order to align compensation programs with your business you need to allocate budgets to support the strategies through budget planning & appreciate the contributions of employees in terms of monetary incentives.
- Learning & Development: For motivation & development of best-performing employees, you need to map the roles, skills & proficiency, identify the learning gaps and provide self-learning through e-learning & instructor-led training, online quizzes & certification in the respective domains and follow a culture of knowledge sharing as well.
- Business IT Application: Through the integration of your business IT on the cloud you can manage assets, documents, communication, content & tracking of utilization of resources, provide internal support to your customers with the help desk. Apart from that, you can also focus on employee engagement and HR & talent analysis.
Like this Article? Click here to tweet it
Planning for not only recruiting best employees but also wants to retain, maintain and cherish your productive and high performing workforce? Go for the integration of above 6 benefits at one place with the help of open source IT to make it more cost-effective by skills2talent.com and request for an online demo to know more about how these 6 strategies are technologically combined to help you bring best and smart talent into your organization, acknowledge their existing potential and to develop them further to keep hold of engaged and unparalleled employees.
Performance Management & Evaluation
Performance Management & Evaluation is not only an indispensable but also an artful exercise which indirectly propels the success and prosperity of an organization. As every business needs to retain its experienced & talented workforce, enhance employee engagement, maintain a friendly corporate culture & last but not the least renovate and improve its employees’ skills, an effective Performance Management Software can be proved as a masterstroke in achieving all these requirements simultaneously in a smart way, if it is assembled with these 4 features:
- Strategy development tools: can be used to ensure that the tasks assigned to employees are directly/indirectly aligned with goals and objectives of the organization. They enable development & management of goal plans, goal library, performance review cycle, the configuration of section types (like objectives, core values, behavior, job competencies etc), content sections, weights & eligibility group mappings, the configuration of bell curve distribution graphs etc.
- Monitoring which provides transparency: An effective Performance Management Software must have a feature of getting a transparent look at each employee’s performance with the help of reports about the status of different goals & their weights for a specific performance cycle, core value reports, job competency reports, behavior competency reports for a specific performance cycle, reporting manager wise appraisal and overall performance reports etc.
- Assessment tools: like 9 box grid provides an insight of multiple dimensions like performance vs. potential, objectives vs. behavior, attrition risk vs. loss of attrition etc to accurately measure the performance of each & every employee. On the other hand designing, distribution, collection, and analysis of 360-degree feedback form not only speed up the process of performance evaluation but also provide you an opportunity to focus on different and multiple perspectives.
- Thorough analysis: With consolidated performance reports over multiple cycles (quarterly, half-yearly, yearly, multiple years) you can focus over the overall average score for an employee whereas with a feature of deep analysis you can have a view of content sections and their weights for a specific performance review cycle. You will also get recognition of stage-wise pending count for different stages like self-assessment, manager’s assessment, skip level approval, one to one meeting, employee acknowledgment and final stage for a specific performance review cycle.
Confused about selecting and investing in an effective Performance Management Software? Get a solution with Performance and Succession Management software module provided by skills2talent.com and sign up for the free trial to get a deep understanding about how these four features are incorporated in one software module with the help of open source IT to provide an immense hike in your business growth.
Performance Management Strategies
Performance Evaluation is not a new concept in working world. It has been commonplace over the years. The need of the hour is for effective Performance Management to evaluate it accurately and precisely over the plethora of significant parameters. The performance of an employee in an organization depends upon various factors like accomplishment and implementation of tasks assigned to him/her, his/her potential, objectives, behavior, attrition risk, reduction by attrition etc. Research proved that these factors can be measured minutely and exactly by working with top 4 business strategies:
- Goal Planning as a crucial phase of performance management: Design and assign SMART action plans to inspire and persuade employees according to specific department and role to achieve their goals that must be in turn aligned with the motive of achieving organizational objectives. SMART plans like Individual development plan (IDP) and Career development plan (CDP) together govern performance management of the employee by increasing employee engagement whereas Performance improvement plan (PIP) and Succession development plan (SDP) reach deep inside the organization, align with business requirements, and drive better business results.
- 9 Box Grid as a versatile tool for evaluating performance: The 9-box grid is a versatile tool for evaluating an employee’s current benefaction and advance level of benefaction to an organization. As an employee can be judged over various frameworks like performance & potential, objectives & behavior, attrition risk & loss of attrition etc. simultaneously by providing ranks (high, moderate, low). After that the actions must be taken as per these rankings, for instance, an employee with low potential but high performance needs to be motivated in his/her assigned tasks or an individual with high performance and low potential needs more advanced level of training in his/her domain.
- Consolidated Performance Reports: These report statistics can provide an ability to analyze, compare and keep track of an employee’s performance score across multiple portfolios like objectives, core values, job competencies, behavior and many more when consolidated for an overall average over multiple time spans(quarterly, half yearly, yearly or even a number of years).
- 360 Degree Feedback as reactions to an employee’s performance: To measure an individual’s performance minutely develop a kickback culture in your organization by designing and distributing a feedback template consisting of few questions pertaining to the performance of the employee among his/her manager, peer group, subordinate, and the employee himself (self appraisal) so that you can have a look at different perspective of wider community to analyze high-quality employee assessments.
Think of best business outcomes? Reach your goals with a solution provided by skills2talent.com and opt for a demo/getting started guide of Performance and Succession Management software module to learn and experience how these four strategies are going to govern your business growth explicitly where they are technologically driven and assembled to form an effective Performance Management Software Application.
Continue reading Top 4 Performance Management Strategies To Boost Up Your Organization Growth
Annual performance reviews and bell curve are not effective in today’s millennials & business context!
How continuous performance management can inspire great performance with fairness and accuracy?
- Connect your employees with organization strategy and goals with multi-section performance management (objectives, core values, competencies, and behaviors)
- Improve the daily progress & achievements visibility of goals 24×7, 365 days anywhere, any device
- Managers can provide directions continually to employees to perform better with coaching, feedback, mentoring, support and reward badges
- Cascade goals to every employee using top management’s goal library as per department & role
- Provide smaller milestones, sub-goals & initiatives to break-down objectives with continuous updates provision
- Increase employee engagement and drive continuous performance management by parallel performance ratings by employee and manager from day one of goals
- Align workforce with the company, objectives using SMART goals, Balanced scorecard, KPA/KPI/KRA and MBOs
- Enable the informal conversation in review process between employee and manager and capture history of updates and accomplishments
- Collect the feedback on performance & behavior from inside and outside the project team (360, linear, matrix reporting, target individuals)
- Anniversary, financial and calendar year appraisal cycle models to effectively administer your salary increase budget outflow
- Visually access and compare the core values, job-specific and behavioral competencies
- Identify top performers and plan for leadership pipeline by 9 box grid comparisons
- Analyze the attrition risks Vs loss before promotion and succession decisions
- Grow talents using SMART plan libraries for IDPs (Individual Development Plans), Team development, Succession, Career development and Performance improvement plans
Check out how Skills2Talent continuous performance management cloud software can inspire for great performance with fairness and accuracy
If you have any feedback, suggestions, questions please feel free to post here. I am happy to assist/respond to you.
This article was first published in our blog Skills2Talent
Vaidyanathan Ramalingam | email@example.com | www.skills2talent.com